Believe it or not, routine auto service actually has a pretty big impact on your fuel savings. The experts at Goodyear.com say regular vehicle maintenance can actually improve gas mileage by 4.1%. We put together these simple auto service and driving tips to help you start saving money on gas.
- Replacing a clogged air filter can improve a vehicle’s gas mileage by 10%.
- Using the grade of motor oil recommended by the vehicle manufacturer can improve gas mileage by 1% to 2%.
- Excess weight can reduce gas mileage by 1-2% for every 100 lb (45.36 kg), so travel light.
- Close the cap – 147 million gal. (5.6 million L) of gas evaporate every year from vehicles without gas caps.
- Avoid fast starts – aggressive acceleration can reduce gas mileage by 33%.
- Stay in the shade. The hot summer temperatures cause a greater amount of evaporative emissions. Parking in the shade can help reduce that amount.
- Keep an eye on your spark plugs. A spark plug that misfires can lower your vehicle’s fuel-efficiency by up to 30%.
- Respect the speed limits. Speeding is a fast way to pull down your fuel efficiency.
- Give the air-conditioning a break when possible. AC can bring your vehicle’s fuel economy down by 10-20%.
- Take care of your engine. A simple tune-up for your car or truck has the potential to boost your miles per gallon from anywhere between 4% and 40%.
Save on Gas by Caring for Your Tires
- Give your tires some air. Underinflated tires lower your vehicle’s gas mileage by 0.3% for every 1 PSI drop in each underinflated tire.
Did you know you can also save money by switching to fuel-efficient tires? Call 770-455-3505 today and ask about Goodyear Assurance® Fuel Max® tires.
New Tire Sales & a Full Range of Automotive Services
- Air Conditioning A/C
- Belts and Hoses
- Coolant Flushes
- CV Boots & Axles
- Differential Services
- Driveline - Drive Shaft Services
- Emissions Testing
- Engine Diagnostics
- Engine Electronics
- Engine Starters
- Exhaust Systems
- Fluid Exchange Service
- Oil Changes & Lube
- Power Windows & Doors
- Preventive Maintenance
- Shocks & Struts
- Timing Belts
- Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
- Tire Repair
- Tire Replacement
- Tire Rotation & Balance
- Transmission Repair & Service
- Wheel Alignment
- Wheel Balancing
- And more...