Auto repair shouldn’t be a daunting subject for the female automobile owner these days given that women account for 85% of all consumer purchases. That includes everything from autos to health care. Yet we’ve found in talking over automotive maintenance and auto repair with our female customers that many feel lost when it comes to proper care and maintenance for their car or truck.
That is about to change. Today’s woman is stepping up, learning more and taking responsibility for maintaining their vehicles. Auto repair shops will need to stay on top of their game in order to meet the inquisitive demands of these smart shoppers.
Tilly Mill Goodyear Auto Center started their auto repair business with the female consumer in mind. In addition to free WiFi and refreshments, we provide clean rest rooms and a play area for children. We would like to take our service a step further in providing some quick tips for the female auto repair shopper.
- Familiarize yourself with your vehicle by reading through the owner’s manual. A good understanding of this material will help you ask the right questions and let your mechanic know you have d done your homework.
- Follow the recommended maintenance schedule for your car or truck. This should include routine oil changes, fluid exchange, engine and tire inspection.
- Ask a friend to recommend a good mechanic or check out consumer reviews. You will find reviews for our auto repair service here.
- Contact a few auto repair shops and ask questions or better yet, stop by their facility for a visit.
- Ask if the mechanics are ASE certified for auto repair or look for comparable certification.
- Ask about their warranty policy on parts AND on labor.
- Look for other things that are most important to you such as friendly, informative staff; a clean waiting area and restrooms; free shuttle service; family-friendly amenities.
- Consider the location. Is it close to home, office or is it conveniently located close to the interstate or shopping?
- When you’ve made your decision and chosen an auto repair shop, let your mechanic know to contact you prior to any auto repair or maintenance that extends beyond your original estimate.
- Ask to see any old, replaced parts or ask to test drive your vehicle prior to leaving the shop. (Don’t be surprised or disappointed if the staff isn’t comfortable with your driving around the block prior to paying the bill.)
- You are now a satisfied customer, so reach out and share your experience with other women on local search engines such as Yelp or Foursquare.
Want to learn more about caring for your car or truck? In addition to these auto repair tips, Tilly Mill Goodyear Auto Center provides auto maintenance tips on a regular basis such as How to Save Money on Gas and Auto Air Conditioning Maintenance Can Prevent System Failure. Stop by often for more auto repair tips or subscribe and we’ll send them to your inbox.
Take a few minutes and clip some auto repair and car-care coupons!
New Tire Sales & a Full Range of Automotive Services
- Air Conditioning A/C
- Belts and Hoses
- Coolant Flushes
- CV Boots & Axles
- Differential Services
- Driveline - Drive Shaft Services
- Emissions Testing
- Engine Diagnostics
- Engine Electronics
- Engine Starters
- Exhaust Systems
- Fluid Exchange Service
- Oil Changes & Lube
- Power Windows & Doors
- Preventive Maintenance
- Shocks & Struts
- Timing Belts
- Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
- Tire Repair
- Tire Replacement
- Tire Rotation & Balance
- Transmission Repair & Service
- Wheel Alignment
- Wheel Balancing
- And more...