Brakes need periodic preventive maintenance by knowledgeable experts in order to keep you driving safely.
Your automobile is important to you. Far more important, is your family’s safety and the safety of others on the road. Having your brakes checked periodically is obviously one service you can’t afford to neglect. Call 770-455-3505 and schedule your inspection today!
Inspecting and replacing your brake pads may save you money.
Routine brake inspection can prevent a “metal-on-metal” condition that accelerates the need to replace expensive rotors and/or drums. The certified experts at Tilly Mill Goodyear Auto Center, Doraville and Dunwoody areas of Atlanta, GA, are specially trained to maintain, repair, and replace your brake system to help ensure that it’s working as efficiently and effectively as originally designed. This auto repair service includes:
- Replacing worn brake pads and/or brake shoes
- Resurfacing brake rotors or drums
- Replacing brake fluid as needed
Why is it important to get my brakes serviced?
As we said above, properly working brakes are essential to vehicle safety and reliability. When you depress your brake pedal and stop your tires from rotating, you need the confidence to know that your vehicle will come to a complete and precise stop.
- Brake pads, shoes, drums, and rotors are made of materials that wear down from heat and friction, even under normal driving conditions
- Over time, these same wear issues can also affect the brake’s hydraulic components including calipers, wheel cylinders, and brake hoses
- Failure of these brake components can lead to costly repairs and loss of braking
How often should I get my brakes checked?
It’s important to have your brakes checked at least once a year to keep them responsive and to help avoid costly replacements. However, you should have your brakes checked immediately if you experience any of the following:
- Your brakes are continuously squeaking, squealing, or grinding
- Your brake or anti-lock braking system (ABS) warning light comes on
- Your car jerks or pulls to one side when braking
- You need to pump your brakes for them to work properly
- Your brake pedal feels unusually soft and spongy or hard
- You notice brake fluid leaks around the wheels or engine compartment
For more ways to keep your vehicle in excellent condition, see our Car Maintenance Tips.
Related auto services you may be interested in:
There is always a way to save money at Tilly Mill Goodyear Auto Center, convenient to Doraville and Dunwoody, GA! Sign up for car care coupons and savings today!
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday - 7AM to 6PM
Saturday - 8AM to 5PM
Sunday - Closed
New Tire Sales & a Full Range of Automotive Services
- Air Conditioning A/C
- Belts and Hoses
- Coolant Flushes
- CV Boots & Axles
- Differential Services
- Driveline - Drive Shaft Services
- Emissions Testing
- Engine Diagnostics
- Engine Electronics
- Engine Starters
- Exhaust Systems
- Fluid Exchange Service
- Oil Changes & Lube
- Power Windows & Doors
- Preventive Maintenance
- Shocks & Struts
- Timing Belts
- Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
- Tire Repair
- Tire Replacement
- Tire Rotation & Balance
- Transmission Repair & Service
- Wheel Alignment
- And more...